X509... RRS feed

• Question

• How do I apply x509 certificates in ADO.Net Data Services?Any Examples....
    Wednesday, May 13, 2009 9:45 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

If you're looking to send an X509 certificate along with requests generated by the client library, you can see an example of how to do so in this thread:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/adodotnetdataservices/thread/0aa2a875-fd59-4f3e-a459-9f604b374749

Does that help?
    Matt Meehan, ADO.NET Data Services (Astoria)
    Wednesday, May 13, 2009 10:04 PM
  • Thanks much.
    Thursday, May 14, 2009 1:07 AM
  • I followed same steps as in that URL. I did not get any errors but I did not see that is received in server(ADo.NetDataService). Eventhough certificate property did not return null , all the property values like Subject, Keys...are blank. What Iam missing . also How Do I see X509 Cert being passed in Fiddler?

protected

override void OnStartProcessingRequest(ProcessRequestArgs args)

{
               HttpContext.Current.Request.ClientCertificate.Subject....

}

Thursday, May 21, 2009 9:38 PM
  • Kali ,
     You might want to simplify your problem to be a bit more easy to understand/troubleshoot.
     The way this is currently setup , a lot of things can go wrong and its harder to troubleshoot this or offer any advice in this forum .

On the client side , remove the DataServiceContext and make a request to a WCF service ( instead of a Data Service ) using  the HttpWebRequest class.
    Set the certificates on the HWR object and then see if you are able to access properties of the certificate in a WCF service
     Once you have a simple scenario running which at least confirms that you have the webserver and the client setup the right way to exchange certificates ,
     try going with the Data Service and the client library .  

Phani Raj Astoria http://blogs.msdn.com/PhaniRaj
    Friday, May 22, 2009 12:18 AM