none
Uninstall Cleanly and Recommend use and placement of OCX and DLL RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there,

My application uses Crystal Reports Merge Modules for Visual Studio 2005 (CrystalReportsRedist2005_X64.msm) from this link http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms225386(VS.80).aspx in the setup project.

When I install my setup project, it register 35 crystal report merge modules dlls into GAC and  copy many dlls under "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Business Objects " location. And, when I uninstall my application it removes all the dlls from GAC but does not remove dlls from "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Business Objects " location.

As I don’t have any control to change this behavior of crystal report merge module, does my application passes "TC2.3.1 : Does the application uninstall cleanly?" test case ?

Also, according to "TC2.7.4 : Recommended use and placement of OCXs and DLLs" test case, all the dlls should be placed under system directory, and in my case crystal report merge module dlls are copied to

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Business Objects " location by default.  Please suggest, can I pass this test case too?.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Thursday, January 3, 2008 10:44 AM

Answers

•  

Hello Irfan,

Let me quote from one of the replies to a post in this forum itself.

For specific questions on support for Crystal reports I would encourage you to contact their support folks.

As long as your application uninstalls cleanly without issues you will be eligible for the works with program (meaning, the app will not fail this test case)

If there are dependent applications that are third party applications, then a waiver can be requested if such third party applications don't uninstall cleanly.

Hope this helps.

Thanks.

Friday, January 4, 2008 2:55 PM