none
Users are unable to copy multiple cells from an Excel sheet on their desktop and paste into the Master Excel file Template (Macros enabled) RRS feed

• Question

• When I open the two workbooks in different instances of Excel and do copy from the source excel file workbook and paste information into the target workbook. The Copy and Paste is not working. Note: My targer workbook has some macros written on it. They are related to formatting cells.

I was reading from the web saying that the Macros are clearing the clipboard completely. Is it true and known issue of Microsoft Excel 2013? Please let me know if i can open a ticket with MS Office team for the same along with the procedures to do.

Thanks

Kandasamy

91-9886575640

Sunday, September 20, 2015 12:45 AM

All replies

• Try opening the workbooks in the same instance of Excel.

Regards, Hans Vogelaar (http://www.eileenslounge.com)

Sunday, September 20, 2015 9:37 AM
  • Hi Kandasamy,

What’s the result if you try it with normal excel files?

Regards

Starain

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, September 21, 2015 6:33 AM
  • hi Kandasamy,

it's nothing to do with macros. you must just open those two wb's in the same instances. i dont know why but this is the way excel behaves(this could be even a bug, like some others)

Dig your well before you are thirsty

Monday, September 21, 2015 7:24 PM