Problem with incoming mail to SharePoint Library - what is wrong with this? RRS feed

• Question

• I configured my incoming mail to a SharePoint 2010 library according to these instructions.

http://intellects.in/2010/04/04/configuring-sharepoint-2010-document-libraries-with-exchange-server-2010-to-receive-mails-from-internalexternal-world/

I'm able to receive mail at the Exchange mailbox set up for the document library, but am unable to receive the document in the library itself.  I'm thinking it's because I have a problem with my naming - but I'm not sure how to solve it:

I have a SharePoint box and an Exchange box. I've configured the SMTP virtual server with default domain of  server.domain.com .  I've also assigned it an alias of domain2.net

I've configured incoming email in SharePoint Central Administration to use the address of mylist@domain2.net so that users can have a friendly url for sending documents to lists and libraries.

I've created an Attended Domain in Exchange 2010 and set up an email address policy that speicifes all mailboxes receive an domain2.net address.  I have an MX record for the domain2.net address with a DNS server pointing to the Exchange box.

I've created an SMTP Send Connector that points to the FQDN server.domain.com of my virtual server on my SharePoint box. With that connector, I've chosen to route mail through the same FQDN of server.domain.com , that of my SharePoint/IIS SMTP Virtual Server box.

When I configure a transport rule for the connector - I'm stuck.  If I followed those instructions, it would have me routing from domain2.net to domain2.net .

Currently, if I send an email with an attached file to library@domain2.net , nothing happens.

No bounce back, nothing in the drop folder, nothing in the library@domain2.net mailbox.

I know this is confusing - but if someone can please help me out I would GREATLY appreciate it!!

I've also tried to configure it without using an Exchange mailbox for the library, but rather using a contact instead, but that didn't work either.
    • Moved by Serge Luca [MVP]MVP Tuesday, August 31, 2010 4:48 PM (From:SharePoint 2010 - General Questions and Answers)
    Tuesday, August 31, 2010 4:33 PM

Answers

• I configured my incoming mail to a SharePoint 2010 library according to these instructions.

http://intellects.in/2010/04/04/configuring-sharepoint-2010-document-libraries-with-exchange-server-2010-to-receive-mails-from-internalexternal-world/

I'm able to receive mail at the Exchange mailbox set up for the document library, but am unable to receive the document in the library itself.  I'm thinking it's because I have a problem with my naming - but I'm not sure how to solve it:

I have a SharePoint box and an Exchange box. I've configured the SMTP virtual server with default domain of  server.domain.com .  I've also assigned it an alias of domain2.net

I've configured incoming email in SharePoint Central Administration to use the address of mylist@domain2.net so that users can have a friendly url for sending documents to lists and libraries.

I've created an Attended Domain in Exchange 2010 and set up an email address policy that speicifes all mailboxes receive an domain2.net address.  I have an MX record for the domain2.net address with a DNS server pointing to the Exchange box.

I've created an SMTP Send Connector that points to the FQDN server.domain.com of my virtual server on my SharePoint box. With that connector, I've chosen to route mail through the same FQDN of server.domain.com , that of my SharePoint/IIS SMTP Virtual Server box.

When I configure a transport rule for the connector - I'm stuck.  If I followed those instructions, it would have me routing from domain2.net to domain2.net .

Currently, if I send an email with an attached file to library@domain2.net , nothing happens.

No bounce back, nothing in the drop folder, nothing in the library@domain2.net mailbox.

I know this is confusing - but if someone can please help me out I would GREATLY appreciate it!!

I've also tried to configure it without using an Exchange mailbox for the library, but rather using a contact instead, but that didn't work either.

The above link is changed to

http://sharemypoint.in/2010/04/04/configuring-sharepoint-2010-document-libraries-with-exchange-server-2010-to-receive-mails-from-internalexternal-world/

Sameer Dhoot
    My Blog : http://sharemypoint.in/
    • Marked as answer by penny67 Tuesday, November 2, 2010 4:04 PM
    Sunday, October 31, 2010 12:30 PM

All replies

• Update....All the emails I send to library@domain2.net address that is on the SharePoint ibrary go to the library mailbox that I've created on Exchange, but don't go to the SharePoint library....
    Tuesday, August 31, 2010 5:44 PM

The above link is changed to

http://sharemypoint.in/2010/04/04/configuring-sharepoint-2010-document-libraries-with-exchange-server-2010-to-receive-mails-from-internalexternal-world/

Sameer Dhoot
    My Blog : http://sharemypoint.in/
    • Marked as answer by penny67 Tuesday, November 2, 2010 4:04 PM
    Sunday, October 31, 2010 12:30 PM