Document Library Folders missing in Explorer View RRS feed

• Question

• In a SharePoint 2010 environment, I recently had to restore a subsite from a database backup.  I restored on a TEST farm, and then performed an export/import from the TEST to the PROD farm. 

In one of the Document Libraries, which contains several Folders created by users, our users are reporting that they can see all of the Folders in the AllItems.aspx page for the document library.  However some folders are missing in Explorer View.

While checking this out with Site Collection Administrator permissions.  I also found out the following.
    1 - All Folders in the Document Library are visible in SharePoint Designer 2010
    2 - I was not able to see some of the Folders in Explorer View on a Vista client machine.
    3 - I was able to see all of the Folders  in Explorer View on a Windows 7 client machine.  And while in Explorer View on the Win 7 machine, the "missing" folders are apparently Hidden when checking their Windows properties.
    4 - I seen post about reserved words, but an example of a Folder that is Hidden in Explorer View is the following:
    61238009_0110000980_Sanofi_Aventis_ACT11457
    5 - All folders are visible in Explorer View on the TEST farm where the database was restored

Is it possible to undo the Hidden property on these Folders?

Tuesday, March 20, 2012 6:14 AM

Answers

•  

Hi,

To undo the hidden property on these folders, you can copy these folders to your local disk. Now they would still be hidden. Then what you need to do is delete them from SharePoint and copy them back to SharePoint. Now, they should be visible.

Thanks

Pengyu Zhao

TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by leongek Monday, March 26, 2012 10:44 PM
    Thursday, March 22, 2012 7:08 AM