PlayTo TVs

Question

• Hi there,

How can I use PlayTo to play into Some TVs in a room?

The TVs aren't dlna supported tvs but we want to make a wired network of them and then after pushing the play button from a PC in the same location screen that local media in the televisions.

Can the PlayTo feature screen the media as I mentioned ?

What could be the hints needed doing this,

I already studied the provided code on this.

thanks for any help...

Monday, January 28, 2013 10:06 AM

Answers

• If I understand you correctly, you want to take some TVs (which are not DLNA certified) that have internet ports on them, hook them up to a router and your computer and use the PlayTo APIs to send media to all the TVs at the same time?

As it stands there are a couple problems with this scenario.

1. The Metro PlayTo APIs will only talk to DLNA certified TVs that have also passed the Windows Certification Tests
    2. The PlayTo APIs support single source single target, therefore only one TV would receive the media
    3. The user needs to pair the TV to their account before a Metro app can play media to the TV

Best of luck,

-- David

Tuesday, January 29, 2013 6:07 PM

All replies

• If I understand you correctly, you want to take some TVs (which are not DLNA certified) that have internet ports on them, hook them up to a router and your computer and use the PlayTo APIs to send media to all the TVs at the same time?

As it stands there are a couple problems with this scenario.

1. The Metro PlayTo APIs will only talk to DLNA certified TVs that have also passed the Windows Certification Tests
    2. The PlayTo APIs support single source single target, therefore only one TV would receive the media
    3. The user needs to pair the TV to their account before a Metro app can play media to the TV

Best of luck,

-- David

Tuesday, January 29, 2013 6:07 PM
  • Hi David,

You got what I was looking for

and thanks for the info,

I understand the Win8 Scenario,

But how about my case, could you provide some hints on that,

What could be your suggestion ?

Thursday, January 31, 2013 4:11 PM