OLE DB or ODBC error importing data from FileMaker RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hello all,

This may not be the appropriate forum for this issue, but perhaps someone has had a similar issue and a possible work around.

Having some issues with PowerPivot importing data from a Filemaker Database. I have no issue at all importing data into Excel, only with PowerPivot. This happens with a local database or a remote database, served up by FileMaker Server. I have triple checked my ODBC drivers, server config, firewall, etc- everything works up until the point that PowerPivot tries to do the actual import of the data. The resulting error I get is:

OLE DB or ODBC error: [FileMaker][FileMaker] FQL0001/(1:8): There is an error in the syntax of the query.; 42000.

An error occurred while processing table 'Contacts'.

The current operation was cancelled because another operation in the transaction failed.

If I provide a simple query: SELECT * FROM Contacts I get the following error:

ERROR [HY000] [FileMaker][FileMaker] No cursor open for statement

Again, I have no issues with Excel's built in data import- only with PowerPivot. A client is very keen to use PowerPivot so I'm exploring the issue as far as it will go. Any information is appreciated!

Many thanks,

rd

Monday, July 8, 2013 4:40 PM

All replies