How do I align two points on a path? RRS feed

• Question

• This seems like such a basic question but I'm stumped. When I use the Pen tool to draw a path I often want to go back and align one existing point with another existing point. I've tried selecting both points and looking for options to align the selected points—no dice. I've tried selecting only one point and dragging it (with various key combos) thinking Blend would give a "snap" guide to align them, but nope. I know I can turn on the snap grid and align them both to that grid, but for me it'd be so much quicker if I could just highlight points and not care about the snap grid. Am I out of luck?

Saturday, February 26, 2011 4:17 PM

All replies

• The grid spacing can be set under Tools/Options Artboard. You can also select snap to grid although I think this is the default setting.

If your first point is aligned to the grid then you can select the second point and hold down the shift key while using the arrow keys which jogs the point position a grid spacing at a time. Using the mouse will also do the same thing.

Moving whole objects around will show dotted snaplines when their edges are aligned so you could align to points that fall on the extremities of an object (say a path) in this way.

andrew
    • Edited by Andrew 99 Wednesday, March 2, 2011 2:01 PM grammer
    Wednesday, March 2, 2011 2:00 PM
  • As far as I know, there is no way in Blend to snap path points to other path points.
    Wednesday, March 2, 2011 5:23 PM