none
Office 2013 without SP 1 and 2016 cannot load third party CSP dll RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,
    We are developing a soft token and its CSP, and have a problem that is similar this situation: https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/sqlserver/en-US/bbed1419-a911-4854-a73e-b3a325169892/calling-third-party-csp-from-microsoft-word?forum=worddev 
    - Our CSP is working fine with the applications such as our test application or Adobe Acrobat, and Office 2007, 2010 with hot fix, 2013 with Service Package (SP 1)
    - But the CSP dll cannot load by Office 2013 without SP 1 and Office 2016

My quesion is: What is make Office 2013 without SP 1 and Office 2016 cannot load CSP dll
    (or what are methods we can try to find the problem's cause) and how can we solve this problem?
    Any reference will helpful. Thanks.
    Friday, May 26, 2017 4:51 AM

All replies

• Thanks for your post.

Did you get any error while Office did not load CSP dll?

Since your issue does not exist on all Office version, I assume it is related with compatibility issue.

As you know, Office is not open source project. I am afraid we could not debug Office with your CSP to find the root cause.

For Office 2013, I would suggest you install SP1.

For Office 2016, I would suggest you try to upgrade to the latest version to check whether your CSP will work.

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, May 26, 2017 6:59 AM
  • Thank you for your quick reply,

We have tried building wrapper CSP dll and write log but Office still can not load the dll. We can't find out any error. Only Office versions that are working well can load wrapper CSP dll and have log.

Could you give us some reference about CSP standard? There isn't any current Office 2016 update that can load our CSP. What is the difference between Office 2016 and other Office versions?

We look forward to hearing from you.

Friday, May 26, 2017 9:30 AM
  • Hi ThinhNVb,

I tried to find the information about the difference between the depth CSP in different versions, but I failed. 

I'm trying to involve some senior engineers into this issue and it will take some time. Your patience will be greatly appreciated.

Sorry for any inconvenience and have a nice day!

Best Regards,

Edward

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, May 29, 2017 6:21 AM
  • Thank you for your efforts
    But can you tell us when senior engineers can find out the cause of this error?
    That is important to us.
    Tuesday, June 13, 2017 7:16 AM
  • Hi ThinhNVb,

It’s sad I did not get any response from senior engineers, I assume this issue is too tricky.

Your patience will be appreciated.

Best Regards,

Edward

MSDN Community Support

Wednesday, June 14, 2017 2:56 AM
  • Update:

Now the problem is: my CSP can sign with Office (2013 or 2016) 32-bit but cannot sign with Office 64-bit. What is difference between the 32 and 64 bit version?

Tuesday, August 22, 2017 8:57 AM