none
Network Monitor on Core Role Server RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I installed Netmon 3.4 on a Windows 2008 Core role server in order to use Nmcap.exe. This works fine.

Then I found that I can actually do a network capture with Netmon.exe, but I can't save the capture.

When I click on the Save As icon or go to File,Save As the Save As window does not appear.

Would anyone know if this is expected behaviour on a Core Role server, or if there is something I've missed out to get this to work?

cheers,

soon

Wednesday, August 18, 2010 12:11 AM

Answers

• Yes, Core doesn't support all the same UI functionality, so certain features in the Network Monitor UI won't work.  The best way to get captures is using NMCap.  You actually have more flexibility from NMCap now, especially since we've added a process tracking option NM3.4.

Paul

• Marked as answer by SNeo Thursday, August 19, 2010 12:07 AM
    Wednesday, August 18, 2010 4:10 PM

All replies

• Yes, Core doesn't support all the same UI functionality, so certain features in the Network Monitor UI won't work.  The best way to get captures is using NMCap.  You actually have more flexibility from NMCap now, especially since we've added a process tracking option NM3.4.

Paul

• Marked as answer by SNeo Thursday, August 19, 2010 12:07 AM
    Wednesday, August 18, 2010 4:10 PM
  • Thanks Paul, I needed to know that this is normal. NMCap was all I wanted to begin with.

cheers,

Soon

Thursday, August 19, 2010 12:09 AM