none
C# managed dll inside a VC++ dll throws an exception on test machine RRS feed

• Question

• Hi MSDN Community,

I'm developing VC++ dlls to be used for MathCad. The dlls work fine on test machine (called from MathCad), but when I reference C# managed dlls inside VC++, it works fine on development machine, but Throws exception on a test machine. (the managed C# dlls are registered through regasm.exe and the equivalent .tlb file is imported in VC++ dll)

Any idea?

Thanks

• Changed type Quist Zhang Thursday, January 31, 2013 10:48 AM
    • Changed type Quist Zhang Thursday, January 31, 2013 10:48 AM sorry, I've got wrong thread
    Wednesday, January 30, 2013 6:50 AM

Answers

• Then if you don't have any more information it's hard to figure out what when wrong, but it might be the enviromenta or that test machine has not something installed that's on development machine.

You should get test machine that is identical to development machine and test on that, if it works then you need to start look the differences that might be the reason to exception.

Thursday, January 31, 2013 9:25 AM

All replies

• Any details about the exception that's thrown might be helpful to solve the problem.
    Wednesday, January 30, 2013 6:39 PM
  • I don't have any clue what the exception is about, MathCad only tells me "The external Component has thrown an exception". I am thinking it has something to do with the test machine not being able to locate the code or load the C# dll.

Thursday, January 31, 2013 1:28 AM
  • Then if you don't have any more information it's hard to figure out what when wrong, but it might be the enviromenta or that test machine has not something installed that's on development machine.

You should get test machine that is identical to development machine and test on that, if it works then you need to start look the differences that might be the reason to exception.

Thursday, January 31, 2013 9:25 AM