none
Kinect Color Stream Portrait RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I would like to know how to stream Kinect Color Stream into portrait position. I've tried using WPF Color Stream sample. I've change the resolution of bitmap and frame into portrait value but the stream become not right. Any suggestion ?

Thanks

Best Regards

Adityo Setyonugroho

Saturday, June 11, 2016 10:29 AM

All replies

• The Kinect V2 SDK does not support Vertical/Portrait,only Lanscape/horizontal.

There are three options. Or at least the only ones I can think of.

1) Flip the sensor and hope it works.(Did it once and sort of worked but the algorithms are for horizontal placement therefore MS cannot guarantee anything.)

2) Grab the data as is and upscale the resolution, while preserving the aspect ratio, and crop the middle part.

ie if you have 1920x1080 and want to use up to 1080x1920 portrait resolutions, change the original color bitmap to sth like 3400x1920(or sth like that which more or less has a 16:9 aspect ratio). And then crop the middle 1080x1920 part. Not exactly the best way but passable.

3) Limit the area you draw in, in the Portrait application) using UI, so that the image can be kept close to the original dimensions/aspect.

Saturday, June 11, 2016 6:25 PM