none
Expression Web 4 Site List RRS feed

• Question

• Expression Web 4

How do I remove old sites from the site list?

Thanks,

>don<

>don<

Sunday, January 8, 2017 10:30 PM

Answers

• Thanks Kathleen,

Already did that and in the Site manager list the ones i removed are no longer there.

But, when i click Site on the main menu they're still on the list.

>don<

• Marked as answer by Don Keating Monday, January 9, 2017 5:28 PM
    Monday, January 9, 2017 11:18 AM

All replies

• Use the Site menu, select "Manage Sites List", select a site you want to remove, and use the "Remove" button.

Kathleen Wilber
    BrightWillow - Asp.Net Applications

Monday, January 9, 2017 2:52 AM
  • Thanks Kathleen,

Already did that and in the Site manager list the ones i removed are no longer there.

But, when i click Site on the main menu they're still on the list.

>don<

• Marked as answer by Don Keating Monday, January 9, 2017 5:28 PM
    Monday, January 9, 2017 11:18 AM
  • If you mean they are under "Recent Sites" (you didn't specify), well ... they are Recent Sites until you've opened enough other sites to roll them off the list.  Otherwise, you'd have to edit your computer's registry and delete the ones you want from the Recent File List (under HKEY_CURRENT_USER -> SOFTWARE -> Microsoft -> Expression -> Web -> 4.0).  You'll also need to rename the remaining key names to keep them sequential (File1, File2 ....) or the display of the list will stop after the last correctly sequential one.   If you are not comfortable editing your registry, don't try this.

Kathleen Wilber

• Edited by KathyW2 Monday, January 9, 2017 5:32 PM
    Monday, January 9, 2017 5:22 PM
  • Thanks.  Guess I'll live with that.  But, seems to me if they're deleted they should be gone.

>don<

Monday, January 9, 2017 5:30 PM
  • No, they shouldn't be. Deleting a site from the manages sites list doesn't mean you didn't open that site previously, which is what the Recent Sites list is. If you only want to see the sites still in the list, use Site -> Open Site. It will open your managed sites list, and you can open the site from there.

Kathleen Wilber

• Edited by KathyW2 Monday, January 9, 2017 9:02 PM
    Monday, January 9, 2017 6:03 PM