Please exaplin store addons "Can be displayed in the parent product’s Store listing." RRS feed

• Question

• I'm confused by this option on the dashboard within visibility category of an add-on.

"Can be displayed in the parent product’s Store listing."

I don't see where add-ons are actually listed within the app's store page?

Also, Can my add-on be included with people's Microsoft store search results?

Thursday, September 6, 2018 6:23 PM

Answers

• Hi sargent0,

>I don't see where add-ons are actually listed within the app's store page? 

Sorry for any inconvenience.Store listings for apps do not currently display any of their add-ons. We are working to make this clearer in the submission process. You can always describe the available add-ons in your app's description.

>Can my add-on be included with people's Microsoft store search results?

No, but when submitting an app you can include additional search terms that will help with search results, so if the add-on name is relevant you could enter that as one of your search terms

Best regards

Daisy  Tian

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by Sargent0 Monday, September 10, 2018 3:09 AM
    Monday, September 10, 2018 12:54 AM

All replies

• Hi sargent0,

I've dissected the document visibility and have the same confusion as you.I will consult this confusion to the related team and I will update here if I get any response.It may take some days, sorry for any inconvenience.

Best regards

Daisy  Tian

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, September 7, 2018 8:43 AM
  • Hi sargent0,

>I don't see where add-ons are actually listed within the app's store page? 

Sorry for any inconvenience.Store listings for apps do not currently display any of their add-ons. We are working to make this clearer in the submission process. You can always describe the available add-ons in your app's description.

>Can my add-on be included with people's Microsoft store search results?

No, but when submitting an app you can include additional search terms that will help with search results, so if the add-on name is relevant you could enter that as one of your search terms

Best regards

Daisy  Tian

MSDN Community Support

• Marked as answer by Sargent0 Monday, September 10, 2018 3:09 AM
    Monday, September 10, 2018 12:54 AM
  • Thank you for clarifying!
    Monday, September 10, 2018 3:10 AM