Exporting Slices to the HTML & Images container RRS feed

• Question

• I am using slices to export to and HTML & Images container. I have gone thru and put elements on different layers and in the export went thru and selected what slice contents to include on the individual slices. That part works well. But when I view the HTML file created not all of the slices(elements) are visible. I looks like some of the layers are not visible or just missing.

Everything appears in the thumbnails in the export window and the layers are on in the canvas in Design 2. To give some background, the original file is an imported AI file from Freehand. It imported well had to make some modifications, many grouping objects and placing objects in different layers.  

I did view the videos on line and they were helpful but I am stumped by this problem.
    Tuesday, December 16, 2008 9:28 PM

All replies

• This is Will with Expression Design Support. Could you send me a copy of your .Design file to willbu@microsoft.com - I would like to repro this problem and see what's going here, and if necessary, get the developers in on this one.

Thanks!

Will Buffington
    Microsoft Expression Support
    Tuesday, December 16, 2008 9:35 PM
  • Hi!

I just wanted to add that I'm getting the same problem.

I create a simple design in Expression design, export my slices, open the html in Expression web and some slices are not showing up. They show as a blank div even though they are set up in the file the same as the others. And when I look up the .png file (or .jpg , I tried both), I can see my slice perfectly.

It happen before, and I would just keep replacing the files, closing the programs and stuff and it would eventually work... but it is quite annoying.

Oh and I just notice that for exemple if my slice is called 846ca9.jpg it doesn't show. But if I rename it test846ca9.jpg , it does show. After further review, all my slices that has a name starting with a digit won't show in Expression Web.
    Wednesday, October 14, 2009 3:01 AM