Sahrepoint Lightswitch HTML app RRS feed

Answers

• The localhost:44305 url is there as you have deployed the app to sharepoint from VS2012 using F5/run.

You will need to run 'deploy', delete the debug version from SharePoint, and upload the deploy packaged. Then deploy and trust in SP and you should then have a correctly installed SP app with a url like you mentioned.

Good luck!

Dave

Dave Baker | Xpert360 blog | twitter : @xpert360 | Xpert360 website Opinions are my own. For better forums, please mark as helpful/answer, if it helps/solves your problem.

• Proposed as answer by Xpert360 Thursday, May 30, 2013 8:58 AM
    • Marked as answer by Angie Xu Thursday, June 6, 2013 1:15 AM
    Thursday, May 30, 2013 8:58 AM

All replies

• The localhost:44305 url is there as you have deployed the app to sharepoint from VS2012 using F5/run.

You will need to run 'deploy', delete the debug version from SharePoint, and upload the deploy packaged. Then deploy and trust in SP and you should then have a correctly installed SP app with a url like you mentioned.

Good luck!

Dave

Dave Baker | Xpert360 blog | twitter : @xpert360 | Xpert360 website Opinions are my own. For better forums, please mark as helpful/answer, if it helps/solves your problem.

• Proposed as answer by Xpert360 Thursday, May 30, 2013 8:58 AM
    • Marked as answer by Angie Xu Thursday, June 6, 2013 1:15 AM
    Thursday, May 30, 2013 8:58 AM
  • Hi Dave,

Thank you very much for your reply, I ll try it and let you know.

The other issue as I mentioned the app is not properly working on Iphone. Touch not working.

Any help much appreciate.

d.n weerasinghe

Thursday, May 30, 2013 9:30 AM
  • You are most welcome.

We do mobile tests on iPhone 5, iPad 2 and WP8 Nokia 920. It is generally been working though there are differences in behaviour and look across devices. e.g. WP8 does not support image upload from the browser.

What device and iOS version are you using?

Thursday, May 30, 2013 9:35 AM
  • Hi Dave,

As you mentioned I have deleted the debug version from Sharepoint and try to Delpoy it .

When I try to deploy from Visualstudio I m getting following error

Error 1 Web deployment task failed. (Object of type 'manifest' and path 'C:\Users\nipunaw\Documents\Visual Studio 2012\Projects\Application13\Application13\Application13.SharePoint\obj\WebDeploy\Application13.SharePoint.Web.SourceManifest.xml' cannot be created.)

Object of type 'manifest' and path 'C:\Users\nipunaw\Documents\Visual Studio 2012\Projects\Application13\Application13\Application13.SharePoint\obj\WebDeploy\Application13.SharePoint.Web.SourceManifest.xml' cannot be created.
    One or more entries in the manifest 'sitemanifest' are not valid.
    Could not find file 'C:\Users\nipunaw\Documents\Visual Studio 2012\Projects\Application13\Application13\Application13.Server\obj\Debug\Package\PackageTmp'.  Learn more at: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=221672#RemoteAppNotFound.
    Could not find a part of the path '\\?\C:\Users\nipunaw\Documents\Visual Studio 2012\Projects\Application13\Application13\Application13.Server\obj\Debug\Package\PackageTmp'. Application13.SharePoint

Can you please help me with this.

Many thanks.

d.n weerasinghe

Thursday, May 30, 2013 10:52 AM
  • Hi,

Perhaps the path name is too long. I never work with projects under c:\user\... as it is, I think, not good practise, though it is the default.

Try moving it to some other folder you create like c:\dev or d:\work to keep path names shorter.

Get back with the results.

Cheers

Dave

Thursday, May 30, 2013 11:07 AM
  • Hi Dave,

As you mentioned I have moved it to C drive. But still no luck

Error 1 Web deployment task failed. (Object of type 'manifest' and path 'C:\LigthSwitchDev\Application13\Application13\Application13.SharePoint\obj\WebDeploy\Application13.SharePoint.Web.SourceManifest.xml' cannot be created.)

Object of type 'manifest' and path 'C:\LigthSwitchDev\Application13\Application13\Application13.SharePoint\obj\WebDeploy\Application13.SharePoint.Web.SourceManifest.xml' cannot be created.
    One or more entries in the manifest 'sitemanifest' are not valid.
    Could not find file 'C:\LigthSwitchDev\Application13\Application13\Application13.Server\obj\Debug\Package\PackageTmp'.  Learn more at: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=221672#RemoteAppNotFound.
    Could not find a part of the path '\\?\C:\LigthSwitchDev\Application13\Application13\Application13.Server\obj\Debug\Package\PackageTmp'. Application13.SharePoint

d.n weerasinghe

Thursday, May 30, 2013 11:25 AM
  • Hi,

I don't even get the same folder and filenames as you do.

Try scanning through this tutorial to see if the route you chose for connecting SharePoint to your project matches:

http://code.msdn.microsoft.com/office/Survey-App-Tutorial-a70d0afd

That is the base tutorial that we have used.

Cheers

Dave

Thursday, May 30, 2013 1:24 PM
  • Hi Dave,

Much appreciate your professional help. Thank you very much.

All good now.

d.n weerasinghe

Thursday, May 30, 2013 2:09 PM
  • You are very welcome, glad it is working.

Cheers

Dave

Thursday, May 30, 2013 2:20 PM