none
MS-SMB\SMB2 Testsuite run test for Nonwindows SUT. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all.
    I'm newby for this stuff. Could you please help me with running.
    I'm trying run some tests from "MS-SMB\Server-Endpoint\1.0.1195.1\Batch" but all of them are skipped.
    My setup:
    Client VM: Windows 7 x32
    SUT: Solaris 10

I'm trying to run "MS-SMB Server-Scenario0 Test Cases" but all cases skiped/failed with errors like:

Assert.AreEqual failed on requirement MS-SMB_R11008. Expected: <3221225506>, Actual: <5963778>. [In Receiving an SMB_COM_TREE_CONNECT_ANDX Request] If no access is granted for the client on this share, 
                    the server MUST fail the request with STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED.
    ===== Stack Trace =====
       в Microsoft.Protocols.TestTools.DefaultTestSite.CaptureRequirementIfAreEqual[T](T expected, T actual, Int32 requirementId, String description)
    === End of Stack Trace ===

Other cases failed\skipped as well.

Does it mean that I couldn't use this suite for test solaris cifs\smb protocol?

Thank you!

student ...

Wednesday, January 1, 2014 5:55 PM

All replies

• Hi Muirdok:

I have alerted the open specifications team regarding your inquiry. A member of the team will be in touch soon.

Regards, Obaid Farooqi

Wednesday, January 1, 2014 9:42 PM
    Owner
  • Hello Muirdok:

You can certainly execute test cases against non-windows server (in your case solaris). There seems to be some configuration issue. Can you run the test again, capture the network trace and send it to my attention to - dochelp @ microsoft dot com for further analysis.

Thanks.

Tarun Chopra | Escalation Engineer | Open Specifications Support Team

Wednesday, January 1, 2014 10:24 PM
  • Sure. Give please couple of hours.

Thanks for reply

student ...

Friday, January 3, 2014 7:39 PM
  • No problem. I will wait for you mail with network trace.

Friday, January 3, 2014 11:01 PM
  • I have sent email to you with cap file.

Thanks

student ...

Sunday, January 5, 2014 10:57 AM
  • Test suite was able to execute successfully after resolving couple of configuration issues.

Tuesday, January 5, 2016 10:50 PM
  • I am hitting a similar issue with status access denied for session setup. What were the config changes?
    • Proposed as answer by Rama Ganesan Wednesday, November 16, 2016 7:33 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by Rama Ganesan Wednesday, November 16, 2016 7:34 AM
    Tuesday, November 15, 2016 11:24 PM
  • Hi Shreya,

The purpose of this forum is to support the Open Specifications documentation . You can read about the Microsoft Open Specifications program here: http://www.microsoft.com/openspecifications/en/us/default.aspx  

The library of Open Specification documents is located @ http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd208104.aspx

The question you have is related to Test suites that are open sourced and supported through GitHub. For further assistance on this, we request that you create a new issue here -  https://github.com/Microsoft/WindowsProtocolTestSuites

Thanks.

Wednesday, November 16, 2016 7:51 AM