none
VSTO Outlook addin displaying 2 times in ribbon bar RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I am very new to creating windows installer for VSTO addin to outlook. While installing VSTO Addin using windows installer, addin displaying twice. then I start investigation, I found Issue, that deployment manifest (xxx.vsto) once and another one is xxx.dll.manifest(its pointing to development version debug folder) . FYI I was followed this material http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/vsto/ff937654.aspx .

I have chosen all user in installer window, but registry is available in both  HKCU and HKLM.

help me how to fix this problem.

Thursday, December 5, 2013 9:38 AM

Answers

• Is this only on your development system, or when you install on a target computer? If it's on your development system you would need to remove all references to the debug manifest and installation.

Ken Slovak MVP - Outlook

Thursday, December 5, 2013 3:44 PM

All replies

• Is this only on your development system, or when you install on a target computer? If it's on your development system you would need to remove all references to the debug manifest and installation.

Ken Slovak MVP - Outlook

Thursday, December 5, 2013 3:44 PM

Ken Slovak MVP - Outlook

I sometimes see multiple instances of my project on my development system inside Outlook.  Just as Ken is suggesting, when you build an AddIn project on your development system, it also installs it in Outlook.  If you then setup another copy, using a setup EXE or MSI, may find more than one copy are installed and present when running Outlook.

To get Visual Studio to remove (uninstall) the binaries it builds, I use Build -> Clean Solution.  If you are switching between Debug and Release configurations, you may need to select and Clean each one.  Once you get VS to remove all the binaries it's built, you should find the one you installed using the setup EXE or MSI still present.

Another way to remove these is from the Outlook -> Developer Tab -> COM Add-Ins -> Remove button.  But it's not always clear WHICH one you're removing.

Thursday, December 5, 2013 5:14 PM