Snapped View by Default

Question

• How do I make my XAML/C# app resize to 320 instead of half of the screen when dragged to either side?
    Monday, May 4, 2015 11:06 PM

Answers

• Tally Count appears to be a Windows 8 app and so doesn't support intermediate sizes.

The user can still stretch the app's window wider with the app itself being letterboxed to sizes supported on Windows 8.

Tuesday, May 12, 2015 5:13 PM
    Owner

All replies

• There is no way to control this from within an app. The user can choose whether to snap or not.

--Rob

Tuesday, May 5, 2015 12:51 AM
    Owner
  • I have used several apps (like GVoice) that does this. I'm not talking about dragging the resize handle. 
    Monday, May 11, 2015 7:03 PM
  • You'll have to explain more clearly the behavior you're trying to achieve.

Monday, May 11, 2015 7:06 PM
    Owner
  • For example, say the app is running fullscreen,  and the user swipes down from the top of the screen and drags the app to the right side of the screen.  Currently the app goes into a width of half of the screen when this action is performed.  I would like it to go into snap view when this action is performed.  Another app that has this behavior is Tally Count.
    Monday, May 11, 2015 10:24 PM
  • Tally Count appears to be a Windows 8 app and so doesn't support intermediate sizes.

The user can still stretch the app's window wider with the app itself being letterboxed to sizes supported on Windows 8.

Tuesday, May 12, 2015 5:13 PM
    Owner
  • Thank.
    Tuesday, May 12, 2015 8:52 PM