SQL Server Agent Account Issue RRS feed

• Question

• I have a job to pull data from MySQL to MSSQL. If I use my account to schedule it, it works well. However, if I use the system account, I got the following error:

ADO NET Source has failed to acquire the connection {C56C01FD-03AE-4B0B-9117-94F48D29B1B2} with the following error message: "Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131937".

Thanks in advance,

Tuesday, April 2, 2013 8:41 PM

Answers

• Resolved. This is a system dsn issue. After adding the driver to "System DSN" instead of "User DSN" in the ODBC data source administrator , the issue is gone!
    • Marked as answer by SarahLiu Wednesday, April 3, 2013 4:18 PM
    • Edited by SarahLiu Wednesday, April 3, 2013 4:19 PM
    Wednesday, April 3, 2013 4:18 PM

All replies

• When you schedule the package in the SQL Agent, the first step that happens in Package Validation. If you have dynamic connection strings in your package you should set the Delay Validation Flag at the package level to true and redeploy.

The error you see is because the Server SQL Agent job is trying to connect to the DB mentioned in the local variable value. you can because your account should have access permissions to the same.

Regards, Dinesh

Tuesday, April 2, 2013 8:55 PM
  • Check whether the system account that is running the package has necessary permission.

Regards

Naveen

Wednesday, April 3, 2013 6:01 AM
  • Resolved. This is a system dsn issue. After adding the driver to "System DSN" instead of "User DSN" in the ODBC data source administrator , the issue is gone!
    • Marked as answer by SarahLiu Wednesday, April 3, 2013 4:18 PM
    • Edited by SarahLiu Wednesday, April 3, 2013 4:19 PM
    Wednesday, April 3, 2013 4:18 PM