none
VS2017 Extracts Files But Will Not Install RRS feed

• Question

• Hello friends - I am attempting to install VS2017 Community, and I have downloaded the file from https://www.visualstudio.com/thank-you-downloading-visual-studio/?sku=Community&rel=15 now when I click the installer, it will open a dialog that instructs me it is extracting the files, then after a few seconds the dialog closes and nothing happens.

What do I need to do in order to install VS2017?

And below are links for the VSCommunity & Bootstrapper .txt files produces in the Local folder.

https://1drv.ms/t/s!AlPsOu8wFHdigh2OYEZXVS0_MfG1

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AlPsOu8wFHdigh5kQnr6Davvk2YD

EDIT ->

Looking at other posts 1) Is not applicable, 2 is not applicable (I have an HP Desktop), 3 does not exist, and 4) according to device manager everything is up to date.

1. Check your computer installed Mirekusoft or RivaTunerStatistics or not, disable them
    2. If you have a Dell laptop, one of the Dell services was caused this issue with the winmgmt service, use the /resetRepository command to solve
    3. Follow this doc to delete the installation folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\Installer
    4. Update the video driver to the latest version
    Sunday, February 18, 2018 10:16 PM

All replies

• Hi IndigoMontoya,

Please try the following workarounds.

(1) Open Task Manager: [Ctrl]+[Shift]+[Esc]
        and watching process(es) 

(2) start to install Visual Studio 2017

(3) watch a process of Visual Studio in Task Manager
        and provide how the process changed

Regards,

Ashidacchi

Sunday, February 18, 2018 11:49 PM
  • Hi friend,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

If those solutions not works for your issue, may be you can have a look at this tool and try to analysis the detail error message that can help us to troubleshoot this issue.

Meanwhile, you can also share the installation logs in here.

Best regards,

Sara

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Monday, February 19, 2018 2:45 PM
  • Hi friend,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

If those solutions not works for your issue, may be you can have a look at this tool and try to analysis the detail error message that can help us to troubleshoot this issue.

Meanwhile, you can also share the installation logs in here.

Best regards,

Sara

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Which tool from that site should I use?
    Monday, February 19, 2018 4:43 PM
  • Hi IndigoMontoya,

Please try the following workarounds.

(1) Open Task Manager: [Ctrl]+[Shift]+[Esc]
        and watching process(es) 

(2) start to install Visual Studio 2017

(3) watch a process of Visual Studio in Task Manager
        and provide how the process changed

Regards,

Ashidacchi

Under the processes tab I see it display Visual Studio Bootstrapper for roughly 3 seconds then it auto closes.

Monday, February 19, 2018 4:45 PM
  • Hi friend,

Please have a try with this tool: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/procmon

Best regards,

Sara

Friday, February 23, 2018 7:26 AM