none
Document map not working in ReportViewer control RRS feed

• Question

• I have a web application with report viewer control (Microsoft.ReportViewer.WebForms.dll - Version 9.0). The report which i developed using Microsoft SQL server 2008 reporting service has document map. When I click the document map link, the report is generated with message (reporting service default message: Report is being generated....) and corresponding page is loaded. This is absolutely fine. But it is not taking me to the appropriate section within the page. i.e. scrolling is not happening. I have to manually scroll down to see the desired section which I selected in the document map. But, when running this report via SSRS Report Manager and Visual Studio Report designer scrolling is happening properly. Is there anything I am missing or any property which I need to set?

Monday, June 7, 2010 5:32 PM

Answers

•  

I have a web application with report viewer control (Microsoft.ReportViewer.WebForms.dll - Version 9.0). The report which i developed using Microsoft SQL server 2008 reporting service has document map. When I click the document map link, the report is generated with message (reporting service default message: Report is being generated....) and corresponding page is loaded. This is absolutely fine. But it is not taking me to the appropriate section within the page. i.e. scrolling is not happening. I have to manually scroll down to see the desired section which I selected in the document map. But, when running this report via SSRS Report Manager and Visual Studio Report designer scrolling is happening properly. Is there anything I am missing or any property which I need to set?

After doing much analysis, i am able to resolve the above mentioned  issue. The problem was caused by using the OnPageNavigation event. When i removed it, the documentmap as well as bookmark links were working as expected. With PageNavigation event handling in place, a PostBack occurs and hence looks like the page is reloaded.

<

More info:

https://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/feedback/details/526023/reportviewer-the-use-of-pagenavigation-event-handling-breaks-text-search-functionality

rsweb:ReportViewer ID="ReportViewer1" runat="server" DocumentMapCollapsed="True" Height="100%" ProcessingMode="Remote" ShowParameterPrompts="False" SizeToReportContent="True" Width="100%" OnPageNavigation="ReportViewer_PageNavigation" ></rsweb:ReportViewer>
    • Marked as answer by lobonaveen Tuesday, June 15, 2010 6:33 AM
    Tuesday, June 15, 2010 6:33 AM