Vista SDK installation RRS feed

• Question

• I've downloaded and installed the Windows Vista SDK, but when I try to build any of the samples, I get lots of errors.

Should it be installed in some folder in the VS folder? Or can I install anywhere I want?

I've tried to install in one folder in the root of de partition, didn't worked. Tried over the VS folder, same errors during the build.

Someone know where to install it? Or what is causing the problens?

The errors I get are about librarys not found. like de "mfapi.h".

I'm using Windows Vista (final version) and Visual Studio 2005 Standar Edition.

Thanks.

Danilo Moschetto

Friday, December 8, 2006 2:50 PM

Answers

• If you are building from Visual Studio, then make sure your VS paths are pointing to the Windows SDK include and lib paths. These directories should appear before any VS directories in your path.

You can set the VS paths manually from VS or use the Visual Studio Registration tool in the SDK:

Start > Microsoft Windows SDK > Visual Studio Registration > Integrate Windows SDK with Visual Studio 2005

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Mike Wasson, SDK Documentation
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. You assume all risk for your use.

(c) 2006 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Friday, December 8, 2006 5:54 PM