Sql Server 2008 connection over VPN RRS feed

• Question

• I have one client-machine with win xp and sever-machine with win server 2008 having MSSQL sever 2008

Through my application I establish connection to sql server using sqlClient object from client-machine

Connection remains open

When I start My VPN network on client-machine and try to use above connection for further testing got error 

A transport-level error has occurred when receiving results from the server. (provider: TCP Provider, error: 0 - An existing Connection Forcibly closed by remote host.)

A transport-level error has occurred when receiving results from the server. (provider: TCP Provider, error: 0 - The specified network name is no longer available.)

Is here any problem of "Weak host Model" of XP and "Strong host model" of server

What is exact issue.

ibm@cd

Thursday, May 24, 2012 10:17 AM

Answers

• Start with Books Online Troubleshooting: Connection Forcibly Closed http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms187005(SQL.105).aspx

Rick Byham, Microsoft, SQL Server Books Online, Implies no warranty

• Proposed as answer by Peja Tao Friday, May 25, 2012 2:46 AM
    • Marked as answer by Peja Tao Wednesday, May 30, 2012 5:09 AM
    Thursday, May 24, 2012 4:54 PM
  • Hi Access me,

In addition, this online blog which talks about this issue is also helpful. 

Best Regards,
    Peja

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Friday, May 25, 2012 2:58 AM

All replies

• This may be a kerberos / ntlm issue.
    Thursday, May 24, 2012 3:12 PM
  • Start with Books Online Troubleshooting: Connection Forcibly Closed http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms187005(SQL.105).aspx

Rick Byham, Microsoft, SQL Server Books Online, Implies no warranty

• Proposed as answer by Peja Tao Friday, May 25, 2012 2:46 AM
    Thursday, May 24, 2012 4:54 PM
  • Hi Access me,

In addition, this online blog which talks about this issue is also helpful. 

Best Regards,
    Peja

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Friday, May 25, 2012 2:58 AM