Unable to install MFA User Portal - 7.1.2 version RRS feed

• Question

• I'm trying to upgrade an existing MFA installation with MFA on one server and User Portal on a separate server. The MFA upgrade went smooth but when I try to upgrade the User portal I get a pop-up "This setup requires visual c++ Redistributable for visual studio 2015(x86) update 2 or higher. Do you want to install it now?" I click yes, IE opens and takes microsoft.com and page not found. I have googled and tried to find Update 1 but it's no where to be found. Have installed Update 2 but still doesn't work.

It is the same problem what we were having it earlier but i was not able to find the required version of  VC++ Redist file which can be downloaded from MSDN portal

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/10f63e3d-134c-4a87-baac-bdf6d3710fe9/unable-to-install-mfa-user-portal?forum=windowsazureactiveauthentication

Sunday, October 16, 2016 7:30 PM

Answers

• Hello Sunil,

Thank you for posting on the Azure forums!

Download the package from https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/download/details.aspx?id=48145 and let me know if it works.

Regards,

Loydon

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer so that other customers can benefit from it.

Monday, October 17, 2016 11:22 AM
  • Issue was fixed by installing necessary files, TO get required file download the full version of en_visual_studio_professional_2015_with_update_2_x86_x64_dvd_8509105 from MSDN portal, In this package you will find the required version of  VC_redist.x86 & VC_redist.x64 files which needs to be installed
    Tuesday, October 18, 2016 11:13 AM

All replies

• Hello Sunil,

Thank you for posting on the Azure forums!

Download the package from https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/download/details.aspx?id=48145 and let me know if it works.

Regards,

Loydon

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer so that other customers can benefit from it.

Monday, October 17, 2016 11:22 AM
  • Issue was fixed by installing necessary files, TO get required file download the full version of en_visual_studio_professional_2015_with_update_2_x86_x64_dvd_8509105 from MSDN portal, In this package you will find the required version of  VC_redist.x86 & VC_redist.x64 files which needs to be installed
    Tuesday, October 18, 2016 11:13 AM
  • Hello Sunil,

Glad to know that this was fixed. I believe the link mentioned above has the direct link to download the VC_redist.x86 & VC_redist.x64 files, something which can be helpful for customers facing similar issues in the future.

Regards,

Loydon

Tuesday, October 18, 2016 12:55 PM