User control does not display content RRS feed

• Question

• User-1600483245 posted

Hello,

I have a user control to display some navigation controls. When I view it in designer, it appears to be working and I can see the content of the user control. But when I launch the project via a browser, it does not show the content. Does anyone have any idea what may be the issue?

Here's my code:

ASP.NET PAGE

(Register Control):

<%@ Register Tagprefix="atoms" Tagname="SystemToolbar" Src="../Controls/ctlToolBar.ascx" %>

(Display Control):

<atoms:SystemToolbar runat="server" id="systemtoolbar_test" savebtn="True" printbtn="True" nextbtn="True"
    previousbtn="True" commentbtn="True" bfbtn="True" queuebtn="True" whodoneitbtn="True" helpbtn="True" />

Thanks in advance!

Friday, June 24, 2016 6:52 PM

Answers

• User-2010311731 posted

This may be a long shot, but perhaps try removing the .. in front of the src tag...

<%@ Register Tagprefix="atoms" Tagname="SystemToolbar" Src="/Controls/ctlToolBar.ascx" %>

Matt

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Friday, June 24, 2016 8:43 PM
  • User61956409 posted

Hi Ravina,

Firstly, do you get any error when you view the web page in your browser? You could try to remove the user control from your web page and then drag and drop the user control in web page and make sure whether same issue will appear.

Secondly, please use F12 developer tools to check the html source of web page to make sure if display property of user control or container is set to none.

Best Regards,

Fei Han

Monday, June 27, 2016 7:15 AM

All replies

• User-2010311731 posted

This may be a long shot, but perhaps try removing the .. in front of the src tag...

<%@ Register Tagprefix="atoms" Tagname="SystemToolbar" Src="/Controls/ctlToolBar.ascx" %>

Matt

Friday, June 24, 2016 8:43 PM
  • User61956409 posted

Hi Ravina,

Firstly, do you get any error when you view the web page in your browser? You could try to remove the user control from your web page and then drag and drop the user control in web page and make sure whether same issue will appear.

Secondly, please use F12 developer tools to check the html source of web page to make sure if display property of user control or container is set to none.

Best Regards,

Fei Han

Monday, June 27, 2016 7:15 AM