none
I have developed application for MS-word in C# ,But target computer don't have MS Word . How to make work my application in target computer? Note : I want to install MS word in target computer RRS feed

• Question

• I have developed application for MS-word in C#, But target computer don't have  MS Word .

How  to work my application  in target computer?  

Note :    I want to install MS word  or MS office in target computer.

Mukesh Kumar

Monday, December 30, 2013 10:09 AM

Answers

• Hello Mukesh,

There is no way to run the automation application (or a VSTO add-in?) without an Office application installed. I.e. you can't automate Word without installing it on the PC.

Also please consider using the Open XML SDK . It doesn't require an Office application to be installed on the PC. You can download SDK here.

Monday, December 30, 2013 10:32 AM

All replies

• Hello Mukesh,

There is no way to run the automation application (or a VSTO add-in?) without an Office application installed. I.e. you can't automate Word without installing it on the PC.

Also please consider using the Open XML SDK . It doesn't require an Office application to be installed on the PC. You can download SDK here.

Monday, December 30, 2013 10:32 AM
  • Hi Eugene Astafiev ,

Do you have any idea about any open source library file or dll  , which  have  all features like MS word  .

thanks

Mukesh Kumar

Monday, December 30, 2013 11:09 AM
  • Mukesh,

Did you have a chance to look at the Open XML SDK? It looks like this is exactly what you need to replace interop references in your project.

Monday, December 30, 2013 11:13 AM