none
windows form project type missing VS-2017 RC

Question

• I am very new to Viasual studio. I have down loaded Visual Studio -2017 community RC. When i try to create new project the option Windows form option is not coming in the type of project. Please help me since I am very new to this environment. 

Augustine

Thursday, November 24, 2016 3:13 AM

All replies

• Hi Augustine,

Thank you for posting in MSDN forum.

For this question , there is a possibility that the Windows Forms Templates doesn't install within your VS 2017 Community RC.

Would you mind double click vs_Community .exe and select "Modify", to check if the .NET desktop development is already selected.

If not, please check and apply it to your VS, click "Modify", see as below: 

After this step complete, please launch the VS again, create a new Winform project, usually it shows after installing this template:

If it still doesn't show, please feel free to tell us, I will help you for further troubleshooting.

Best Regards,

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, November 25, 2016 7:49 AM
  • Hi my friend,

Is there any update about this issue?

Have you solved this issue successfully?

Would you mind sharing us your solution and result here?

If you think my reply is helpful, please mark my reply as the answer, It will benefit other members who have similar questions.

Or if the error still persists, please feel free to let me know, I will help you for further troubleshoot.

Best Regards

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, December 02, 2016 2:06 AM
  • I am also having this problem. I ticked ".net desktop development" when installing but windows forms still appears nowhere. I previously used VB6 and am sort of used to the IDE appearing right away!

Could you please reply to mike@starman.co.uk rather than my hotmail address if possible as this is the account I check most often, thanks.

Friday, November 03, 2017 8:33 PM