Can not save Photos from email attachment RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I try to save photo from my Hotmail email address from my Lumia 1020 with WP 8.1 installed but it won't allow me to save to camera roll like it used to in WP 8.0.

I can view the photo in my phone but I can't see any menu to save it to camera roll.

Pls bring back the capabilities to save photos to camera roll if received from email.

Thank you

Regards

Hendra

Friday, April 18, 2014 6:19 PM

All replies

• Hello H3nder4cd,
    I can open an email that has a picture attachment, then select and hold the picture to save it.  From there if you go to Pictures app, you can see those pictures in the "Saved Pictures" folder.

That is where the pictures should be displayed that are saved from your email.

-Eli A.

Windows Phone Support - Support Delivery Manager

Friday, April 18, 2014 8:04 PM
  • Hi Eli,

Unfortunately that's not the case with me. I did tap and hold, still give me nothing.

Also in WP 8.0 usually the 3 dots in the bottom of the screen show menu save photo but I can't see this in WP 8.1.

I thought the problem is in the photo itself but I open this same email via iPhone (sorry to mention this brand), I can save to iPhone camera roll just fine. It's just normal Jpg file.

Appreciate your feed back.

Thanks.

Tuesday, April 22, 2014 4:53 AM
  • same here. No option to save attached jpg files from emails in release 8.10.12359.845

Jim

Sunday, April 27, 2014 9:35 PM
  • Hello all:

Thank you for the follow up.  I have done my own testing of this on a HTC 8X and a Nokia Lumia 1520.  As Eli mentioned I was able to tap and hold the photos attached and got a save option.  In addition, I had a download all followed by a save all photos link below the pictures in the email I received.  Following both options, I found the pictures saved to my phones photo app.

With this said, I would like to ask a few questions and propose a couple things.

• Make and model of your phone.
    • Current OS version on the phone.
    • Current firmware version on the phone.
    • What email domain is this attachment coming from?

As for some things to try.  I would first suggest you try sending some test emails.  I would try to send from some different email accounts as a test to verify this is an option that is missing and not just effecting on email provider.

You may also consider a factory reset of the phone.  I would suggest you turn on backups in settings and back up your media to your computer before doing this.

Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Mark W.

Friday, May 2, 2014 6:58 AM
  • I have seen this issue on occasion too. I think it has to do with how the image is embedded in the email. If I remember correctly, if it's attached directly, the save option is available. If inline, I don't get the option. Also having an issue with videos that are emailed from my wife on a windows phone (8.1). I can download and view, but no way to save.

John

Wednesday, June 25, 2014 9:55 PM