none
Visual Studio Professional 2015 update 1 crashes when I try to open a drop-down list object in the source data

Question

• I want to move an object (Entity Framework) from the data source in the form of the project, but before that I want to change the display of data in the data source list. There is one problem. Visual Studio crashes when I try to open a drop-down list object in the source data.

in visual studio 2013 it worked without problems.

Thanks for any assistance.

Thursday, March 03, 2016 2:32 PM

Answers

• Hi Volirvag,

Please create a new data source to check whether it is related to this specific data source.

If new data source also causes Visual Studio crash, please try repair your Visual Studio first to check whether there has something broken.

Then please open the menu Tools -> Extensions and Updates -> Updates to check whether it has one update for the SSDT in your Extension and update windows.

Besides, please run your Visual Studio in safe mode with "Deven.exe /SafeMode" command to prevents all third-party VSPackages from loading when Visual Studio starts, thus ensuring stable execution.

In addition, please check the ActiveLog.xml under the path of %AppData%\Microsoft\VisualStudio\14.0. This file will log all operations when you operate Visual Studio.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

Friday, March 04, 2016 8:13 AM