none
.Net 4 Framework Exception languages RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hi,

    I have a problem here that is driving me nuts. The problem here is that all exception messages in Visual Studio is in danish. After a lot of searching around, I found many possible solutions, but none of them works

    Here's what I have done so far:

    At my work I got a MS Surface with danish Windows 10 installed. Naturally the first thing I do is install the English language.

    Under Settings  \ Time and Language \ Language the Windows display language is set to English

    Under Settings  \ Time and Language \ Region the country is set to United States and the regional format is set to English (Denmark)

    I have tried to set the language in Visual Studio 2017 to English

    It's obvious that I'm missing something, but I can't find other places to set language. Everything is in English, except for the exceptions

    Monday, May 20, 2019 11:18 AM

All replies

  • Hello,

    This question is best placed in the Visual Studio general questions forum so I'm moving it to that forum.


    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmarked them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem. Contact via my Twitter (Karen Payne) or Facebook (Karen Payne) via my MSDN profile but will not answer coding question on either.

    NuGet BaseConnectionLibrary for database connections.

    StackOverFlow
    profile for Karen Payne on Stack Exchange

    Monday, May 20, 2019 11:27 AM
  • Hi Adagio1,

    Welcome to the MSDN forum.

    According to your description, I tried to test it on my local with different language and the language of the exception helper window is the same as the VS 2017 like the following:

    1. Open the VS installer and modify it, click Language packs tab and make sure ‘English’ is selected.
    2. Open vs and go to Tools-Options-Environment-International settings and select the ‘English’, restart the VS
    3.  Restart the computer to have a try

    Best regards,

    Sara


    MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

    Tuesday, May 21, 2019 3:25 AM
    Moderator
  • Hi Sara

    English is the only language installed. Danish isn't even an option. In Tools setting I can only select 'Same as Microsoft Windows' and 'English'. Both options gives the same result

    Tuesday, May 21, 2019 9:22 AM
  • Hi Adagio1,

    Thanks for you update. 

    Have you tried to restart the PC and try it again? If this issue persists, please share the screenshot of your current Exception helper window, that will help us analysis this issue.

    Best regards,

    Sara


    MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

    Wednesday, May 22, 2019 8:09 AM
    Moderator
  • Hi Sara

    I have restarted my computer many times. Last was just a few hours ago

    Here is the exception I am getting

    Friday, May 24, 2019 9:50 AM
  • Hi Adagio1,

    Thanks for your detail information.

    Please check this similar issue and have a try with Thread.CurrentThread.CurrentUICulture.

    Best regards,

    Sara



    MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com


    Wednesday, June 5, 2019 7:02 AM
    Moderator
  • Hi Sara

    While the end result is the same in the mentioned issue (Exception is not in English), but the problem is not the same. In the other issue it is mentioned that the computer logging the Exception is in Turkish, while in my issue the computer logging the Exception is in English (started out as being in Danish, but have tried to remove any traces of danish, but there seems to be some danish leftovers somewhere hidden)

    Best regards,

    Adagio

    Friday, June 14, 2019 11:49 AM