angularjs or react ? RRS feed

• Question

• User-234441352 posted

Hi,

I develop applications using pure asp.net mvc . 

Now I want to use ASP.NET MVC Core with AngularJS CLI or React.js  or React.js and Redus .

I want to know what should I use either AngularJS or React or React and Redus  and why should I use?

One thing more, I want to know that in future which will be the best to learn and develop as I see angular is improving day by day rapidly (and google is a brand today and Microsoft is behind it (typescript)) but I know react is also mature and famous (a brand of Facebook product)?

Visual studio have now both supported. Visual Studio 2017 with latest update now support AngularJS 4.2.5 but if I want to upgrade it to AngularJS 5 then how should I upgrade it ?

please suggest 

Sunday, March 11, 2018 4:07 PM

Answers

• User283571144 posted

Hi acupuncture,

One thing more, I want to know that in future which will be the best to learn and develop as I see angular is improving day by day rapidly (and google is a brand today and Microsoft is behind it (typescript)) but I know react is also mature and famous (a brand of Facebook product)?

As far as I know, the comparison between angular and react is unfair because angular is a rich framework, and react is a component library of the UI.

Angular is the real all-inclusive framework, it has its own set of ideas.

React is a short, powerful library that only solves one of your single "pain points."

React covers small and medium sized, large projects.

Angular are generally used in large projects.

Visual studio have now both supported. Visual Studio 2017 with latest update now support AngularJS 4.2.5 but if I want to upgrade it to AngularJS 5 then how should I upgrade it ?

As far as I know, we could search the online  “Angular5TemplateCore” template in VS2017.

By using this, it will auto create the angular5 asp.net core application.

More details, you could refer to below article.

https://www.c-sharpcorner.com/article/creating-angular-5-app-with-visual-studio-2017-easy-way/ 

Best Regards,

Brando

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Monday, March 12, 2018 6:14 AM
  • User-474980206 posted

this was the big war of 2017. react appears to be winning. more sites, more converts, more satisfaction. see:

https://javascriptreport.com/why-is-react-more-popular-than-angular/

that said angular is popular enough, that choosing it is not fatal.

while angular is a more complete framework, if you use the react/reduct template you will get all the same features (routing, model, view engine). both templates use webpack under the covers. 

main differences

angular:

• template based via engine
    • 2 way data binding
    • very static class / object based
    • typescript language

react:

• component based view engine
    • code / markup together
    • es6 language 
    • functional vs static classes
    • dev tools for chrome (react / redux)

last year I chose react over angular because the learning curve was easier, and its flux pattern, was the first popular update to the old MVC pattern.  I also like the component vs template approach and did not want to use typescript.

you should write a sample app in each to see which one you like.

note: a strong competitor to angular's template engine vue.js. 

Monday, March 12, 2018 6:02 PM

All replies

• User283571144 posted

Hi acupuncture,

As far as I know, the comparison between angular and react is unfair because angular is a rich framework, and react is a component library of the UI.

Angular is the real all-inclusive framework, it has its own set of ideas.

React is a short, powerful library that only solves one of your single "pain points."

React covers small and medium sized, large projects.

Angular are generally used in large projects.

As far as I know, we could search the online  “Angular5TemplateCore” template in VS2017.

By using this, it will auto create the angular5 asp.net core application.

More details, you could refer to below article.

https://www.c-sharpcorner.com/article/creating-angular-5-app-with-visual-studio-2017-easy-way/ 

Best Regards,

Brando

Monday, March 12, 2018 6:14 AM
  • User-474980206 posted

this was the big war of 2017. react appears to be winning. more sites, more converts, more satisfaction. see:

https://javascriptreport.com/why-is-react-more-popular-than-angular/

that said angular is popular enough, that choosing it is not fatal.

while angular is a more complete framework, if you use the react/reduct template you will get all the same features (routing, model, view engine). both templates use webpack under the covers. 

main differences

angular:

• template based via engine
    • 2 way data binding
    • very static class / object based
    • typescript language

react:

• component based view engine
    • code / markup together
    • es6 language 
    • functional vs static classes
    • dev tools for chrome (react / redux)

last year I chose react over angular because the learning curve was easier, and its flux pattern, was the first popular update to the old MVC pattern.  I also like the component vs template approach and did not want to use typescript.

you should write a sample app in each to see which one you like.

note: a strong competitor to angular's template engine vue.js. 

Monday, March 12, 2018 6:02 PM
  • User-234441352 posted

thank you brando and bruce

Tuesday, March 13, 2018 5:46 PM