none
Items missing from Target Designer log file, estimated component sizes section RRS feed

• Question

• Before I had to install a new hard drive, after running Target Designer, the log file would first show (for example) 'Building: First Boot Agent (FBA)' and then in the 'Estimated component sizes:' section it would show 'First Boot Agent (FBA) ... 596KB'. After rebuilding my hard drive, for numerous components, I only get the Building log entry and not the estimated size entry.  Any idea why this is happening?

Update: the component I used in my example above, 'First Boot Agent', doesn't show up in either column of Target Designer.  I checked and it is in the Component Database.  Why doesn't it show up in Target Designer?
    • Edited by jdfarrell Friday, June 1, 2018 7:47 PM
    Friday, June 1, 2018 7:04 PM

Answers

• Check the visibility level. Tools->Options->Advanced. It might be set to 1000. You will want to set it to 100 to see all the components. Also make sure that you have all items checked under View.

Sean Liming - Book Author: Starter Guide Windows 10 IoT Enterprise - www.annabooks.com / www.seanliming.com

Friday, June 1, 2018 10:55 PM

All replies

• Check the visibility level. Tools->Options->Advanced. It might be set to 1000. You will want to set it to 100 to see all the components. Also make sure that you have all items checked under View.

Sean Liming - Book Author: Starter Guide Windows 10 IoT Enterprise - www.annabooks.com / www.seanliming.com

Friday, June 1, 2018 10:55 PM
  • That worked.  Once again, thanks Sean!
    Monday, June 4, 2018 1:36 PM