Problem with Crystal Reports Exporting to MS Excel RRS feed

• Question

• I support a web based expenses application which extracts information from a SQL database and presents this to the user in Crystal Reports XI Release 2. When users try to export the report to MS Excel no error message is generated, the report hangs and IE 7 has to be closed, the error report generated back to Microsoft does not come back with any resolution. Detail which are forwarded are Product: Windows operating System, ID: 1001, Source: Application Error, Version 5.2, Symbolic Name: DW_BUCKET_LOG, Message: Fault bucket %1. I have found a small window behind the IE 7 window which does not appear normally and does not have any characters with the window or the frame. Users can export to pdf, word format etc, but require Excel to work with the data. The application is running on a MS Windows Server 2003 Sp2, SQL Server 2005. I have checked previous reports of this type of error and they point to either an issue with SP2 or ExportModeller version, the ExportModeller version is 11.5.0.313. Anyone out there come across this issue/any ideas for resolution?
    Wednesday, May 18, 2011 4:15 PM