none
Sharepoint 2013 Client Object Model Deployment RRS feed

• Question

• I have worked on Sharepoint 2013 client object model and created the MVC razor web application. I have used the sharepoint Custom Lists to store the data. All the things work fine till development but when I deploy the web application on staging site it started behave strangely. 

When I submit any form through razor then I found that system inserts the record in Custom list twice! However it was just working through Visual studio 2013 Ultimate. So I have deploy my web application on my local IIS and I found that it also works fine there and data has been submitted accurately (without twice records). 

I tired to investigate this issue but not luck. Our staging server is windows server 2012 R2. 

My question is is there any thing else i need to install on staging? 

Note:- .net version and the installed VS also same on staging as installed on development server. so I don't think its the different versions issue.

Wednesday, November 4, 2015 5:33 PM

Answers

• Hi Rab,

As "inserting the records to custom list twice" occurs after deploying to the staging server, so I suggest you can check try to debug the code in the staging server environment to check if the code executed repeatedly. 

Also I suggest you can try to insert the data in some other lists and test if the web application works correctly.

Thanks

Best Regards

TechNet Community Support
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, November 5, 2015 9:02 AM

All replies

• Hi Rab,

As "inserting the records to custom list twice" occurs after deploying to the staging server, so I suggest you can check try to debug the code in the staging server environment to check if the code executed repeatedly. 

Also I suggest you can try to insert the data in some other lists and test if the web application works correctly.

Thanks

Best Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, November 5, 2015 9:02 AM
  • Hi Rab,

Any Updates ?

Thanks

Best Regards

Sunday, November 15, 2015 11:45 AM