none
Missing Help Topics in Help Viewer's Local Help

Question

• I have installed book .NET Framwork 4.6 and 4.5 locally. But some of help topics in this book are missing.

I have tried re-installing the book but the problem remains the same.

Everything about Windows Forms Controls is missing.

It says

"You are viewing online content. The topic is not available on your computer, but it is available in one or more books. Select a book to download"

But that book is already downloaded.

Saturday, February 20, 2016 1:40 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi GUjjwal,

Which version of Visual Studio are you using? And how do you view the Windows Forms Controls content, from Help Viewer or click F1 from Text Editor?

Please remove this content from Help Viewer and then re-added it to check whether it can be fixed.

In addition, please check whether you set Help Preference as Lunch in Browser. Please set it as Lunch in Help Viewer.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

Monday, February 22, 2016 8:52 AM
  • I am using Visual Studio 2013 and Help Viewer 2.1

'Help Preference' is selected correctly (as shown in Image).

I have tried re-adding twice.

Wednesday, February 24, 2016 10:36 AM
  • Hi GUjjwal,

Does this problem occur after installing Visual Studio or using Visual Studio for a while?

If occurs after using for a while, I suggest you reset all settings for your Visual Studio 2013 first. If still exist this issue, please repair your Visual Studio 2013 to check whether it will fix this issue.

If occurs after installing, please use http://aka.ms/vscollect  to gather the VS and .Net Frameowrk installation logs. After using it, you will find vslogs.cab from %temp% folder. Please upload the file to Onedrive and share the link here.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

Thursday, February 25, 2016 1:34 AM
  • I tried re-installing Visual Studio but to same result.

Tried on a different PC but these topics are always missing.

Looks like they are not available offline even though Help Viewer says they are.

Friday, February 26, 2016 5:53 AM
  • Hi GUjjwal,

Could you please tell me which specific Windows Forms Controls content has this issue and the detailed the steps how do you searching the content? I will test it in my side to verify whether this issue occurs with this specific content or the problem related to Visual Studio.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

Friday, February 26, 2016 9:06 AM
  • Path[in Contents tab]:

.NET Framework 4.6 and 4.5  ->  .NET Framework Development Guide  ->

Developing Client Applications with the .NET Framework -> Windows Forms

Screen Shot:

http://picpaste.com/Capture1-eY4sneyE.JPG

Page Windows Forms have link to Windows Forms Controls. When I click on that link it says content is not available offline.

Screen Shot :

http://picpaste.com/Capture2-bV0a7r0k.JPG

From the page Windows Forms Controls onward most of the documentation is missing  (except documentation of classes).

Like this:   http://picpaste.com/Capture3-1ZOeBtKh.JPG

And thanks for your time & effort.

• Edited by GUjjwal Monday, March 07, 2016 4:02 PM
    Friday, February 26, 2016 11:28 AM
  • Hi GUjjwal,

Thanks for your detailed descriptions for your issue. I'm understanding your problem now, you are click the hyper link in Windows Forms page and get that result. I search a control, such as DataGridView, from content and I can get the DataGridView. So I think the problem is related to your Help Viewer installation.

After testing based on your steps, I get the same result. And I also tested this issue in Visual Studio 2015, it also a online content, not available on my computer.

I suggest you submit this issue to Visual Studio Connect and then share the link here. It can let other communities who has the same problem to vote and add comments for your feedback. I think the report team experts will evaluate this problem seriously and give us the Email update. Thanks for your feedback for the VS products.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

Monday, February 29, 2016 1:31 AM
  • Wednesday, March 02, 2016 6:30 AM
  • Hi GUjjwal,

Thanks for your feedback.

I have vote your feedback. Please be patient waiting for report team experts' response. Since you have submit this issue, I will close this thread later.

If any other questions about Visual Studio IDE, please feel free to come back to our forum.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

Thursday, March 03, 2016 1:13 AM