How to create a RSS Feed for a website in silverlight?? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am creating a new website using silverlight 4, I want to create a RSS feed for my site so that my customers can subscribe. I want to know about creating RSS feed for silverlight web application.

Thanks,

V Vireen.

Sunday, March 27, 2011 10:35 AM

Answers

• I had a quick glance at the link you posted, it says about "RSS Reader" but what i need is RSS Feed for my website. Using which customers should be able to subscribe to my site.

Silverlight is a Client Technology. You can use it to consume the Feed data (to read and display RSS Feed).  But you don't use it to create RSS Feed which is basically a Service to publish your data in a special XML format. 

Thursday, March 31, 2011 11:57 AM

All replies

• Please go through the below weblink to create rss.

http://www.codeproject.com/KB/silverlight/SilverlightRSSReader.aspx

Monday, March 28, 2011 7:57 AM
  • Hi Venkat,

I had a quick glance at the link you posted, it says about "RSS Reader" but what i need is RSS Feed for my website. Using which customers should be able to subscribe to my site.

Thanks,

V Vireen.

Monday, March 28, 2011 7:57 PM
  • Can anybody help me?

Thursday, March 31, 2011 11:20 AM
  • I had a quick glance at the link you posted, it says about "RSS Reader" but what i need is RSS Feed for my website. Using which customers should be able to subscribe to my site.

Silverlight is a Client Technology. You can use it to consume the Feed data (to read and display RSS Feed).  But you don't use it to create RSS Feed which is basically a Service to publish your data in a special XML format. 

Thursday, March 31, 2011 11:57 AM
  • Is there a workaround?

Thanks,

V Vireen.

Thursday, March 31, 2011 10:14 PM