Image Sequencer? RRS feed

• Question

• In one of the Blend 4 videos that I had seen, they displayed an image sequencer during the demonstration. It is not included with Blend 4 and with the Expression community getting considerably smaller I am struggling to find one. I have a targa sequence I want to import but can't find a simple way to do it. The demonstration in the video was perfect. You could completely customize the sequence.

Any ideas?

Thursday, February 28, 2013 7:17 AM

All replies

• I'm not familiar with what an Image Sequencer is, could you explain further?
    Thursday, February 28, 2013 2:12 PM
  • Are you talking about the sample in the .toolbox that showed a lightbulb animated by using a bunch of png's from a file?

I can't find the lesson anymore, I can't even find the .toolbox anymore, but I think it was the best practices lesson that used that control Chuck.

~Christine

Thursday, February 28, 2013 10:16 PM
  • Well, I tried to look for the example I saw but couldn't find it again. There were a couple of English/Australian guys (sorry, don't know which) who were demonstrating some of the new Blend 4 features. One of the men had imported an image sequence of a red globe. He had set different states for different frames. He then tied those states click events, etc. But he had use "image sequencer" from the control library.
    Wednesday, March 6, 2013 12:30 PM
  • Here is a small clip that has the video I'm talking about. The animated globe in the lower left hand corner is an image sequence. There is a tutorial out there where they actually go through the build for this. He pulls in the image sequence with what he calls the "image sequencer" (obviously). But I can't seem to find it in Blend or anywhere for download.

If it isn't available, how do I pull in an image sequence?

Wednesday, March 13, 2013 7:59 AM
  • I don't see a video?

Do you just want to display a sequence of images on screen? Like an animated gif but with different files? I'm happy to help you try to find/build this, but I just don't know what it is you want. A description with some details would suffice as well.

Wednesday, March 13, 2013 1:05 PM
  • Chuck....ugh. I spent hours trying to find that link and didn't paste it in. Wonderful.

So here is what I've done. I created a camera move around several 3D objects in Cinema 4D and exported the animation as a series of png files. In the Blend 4 Sketchflow tutorial by Jon Harris, he has an animation sequence as well which he imports via an asset called "image sequencer" in the assets panel. It brings in the sequence which you can then animate and tie to different states.

I actually have the video downloaded, but can't recall where I got it from!

Wednesday, March 13, 2013 2:51 PM
  • Jon Harris works here at MSFT, I'll see if he can point me to any information about what he used.
    Wednesday, March 13, 2013 3:02 PM
  • 

Image Sequencer video link

Found the link to the video!

Monday, March 18, 2013 8:00 AM
  • Chuck,

Here is the link to what I was talking about. Having that image sequencer available would be a big plus for some of the projects I'm working on. Please let me know if you're able to get any additional information. :)

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/showcase/details.aspx?uuid=177b6d11-f603-4879-96cc-345075e136bd

Monday, April 1, 2013 1:24 PM