Pass parameters to a subreport from a map report item RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a requirement to show a map of data points with a table below it, the data points which are mapped are determined by user passed input parameters (@repeatstart and @repeatend). Once these parameters are passed and the results are mapped, a user can then click on a data point in the map and this should pass 3 parameters (@repeatstart, @repeatend and @addressid) to the a table below the map. The map should then refresh with the relevant data for that point, if another mapped point is clicked the table should refresh again.

At the moment what I have is a map which the user can pass the initial parameters to and the map will duly diplay the points, when I click a point the parameters are passed to a report which refreshes, the problem is the report is on a different page so the user has to click back to get back to the map report and input their parameters again.

I have done this by going to point properties in the map layer and under Action I have set the below parameters/options:

I have tried adding the report as a subreport but when I do this I can no longer reference the report in the map point properties dialoge box which means I cant refresh the table below the map. What I want to do is reference the subreport to meet the requirement so it can be refreshed several times from one map report, can anyone help show me how to do this please?

Monday, July 30, 2012 2:32 PM

Answers

• Hello peego,

Thank you to post your question onto the TechNet forum.

Based on your description, I think if you click the drillthrough link in the subreport, it will bring you to the sub report page, instead of just refresh the subreport part in the parent report. If I misunderstand your question, please correct me.

In the above scenario, reporting service does not support only to refresh subreport part in the whole report. However, we can set the parameters on the parent report and pass all of them to the subreport. Meanwhile, in the subreport, set "Specify the report" value as the parent report. Then, if we click the link in the subreport, then the whole report will be refreshed and the subreport can show the expected result. If you do not want the parameters of the subreport to be shown on the parameter list, they can be only set as "hide".

I hope my solution is helpful to you. If you have further question about this issue, please tell us freely.

Regards,

Edward

Edward Zhu

TechNet Community Support

• Proposed as answer by Edward Zhu Friday, August 3, 2012 6:34 AM
    • Marked as answer by Mike Yin Sunday, August 5, 2012 5:02 PM
    Thursday, August 2, 2012 5:38 AM