none
Is it possible to retrieve data from multiple Oracle tables by using WCF-OracleDB adapter using WHERE and JOIN Clause? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Friends,

I have a scenario, where I should not use any Stored Procedures/ Functions/ View in the Oracle Database. This is restrictions by our client.

Is there any way by using WCF- OracleDB adapter, I can perform the Select Statement with the WHERE and JOIN Clause.

Please find an example of the Select Statement below, which is my requirement:

SELECT a.Employee_id, a.Description,  a.company_id, b.Salary_id, c.Hr_id              

FROM  Employee a, Employee_Salary b, Employee_HR c

WHERE a.Employee_id = 30586980733
    and a.Emp_Join_date between to_date('20-NOV-2012') and to_date('22-NOV-2012')
    and a.Employee_id = b.Salary_id
    and a.Employee_id = c.HR_id;

Could anyone please help me on this to achieve above query using the WCF-OracleDB adapter. Prompt response highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance…

Thanks and Regards,

Ranjan.

Tuesday, November 27, 2012 5:19 PM

Answers

• I am guessing that the "between dates" and the EmployeeID should not be hardcoded on the Receive binding but rather set dynamically?

In that case you will need to receive the data from a Solicit-Response Send Port started by some schedule-mechanism, and using a polling statement:

http://www.semaphoremd.com/2011/08/02/generating-polling-statement-schema-via-wcf-oracle-db-adapter/

Morten la Cour

• Edited by la Cour Wednesday, November 28, 2012 5:52 AM
    • Marked as answer by Mamba DaiModerator Monday, December 10, 2012 8:26 AM
    Wednesday, November 28, 2012 5:51 AM