none
[MS_ASCON] RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I noticed that this protocol is not completely clear in some of the details. For instance, I do not see any distinction between sending an Ignore command and sending a MoveAlways to Delete folder command for some conversation. Another doubt I have is the exact effect of invoking Move command after a MoveAlways or Ignore command. For example, in such a scenario it seems that the Move command would not have any effect as previous invocation of Ignore would automatically move all the messages back to Delete folder.

Thank you.
    Wednesday, October 14, 2009 4:07 AM

Answers

• Ivo Krka,

There is no difference between “Ignoring a Conversation”, and marking a conversation to be “Moved Always” using the “Deleted Items” folder ID.

I am still investigating the answer to your second question.

Dominic Michael Salemno

Senior Support Escalation Engineer

US-CSS DSC Protocols Team

• Marked as answer by I. Krka Saturday, November 21, 2009 11:06 PM
    Tuesday, November 10, 2009 6:38 PM
  • Ivo Krka,

When a previously ignored conversation is moved back into the inbox, it removes the “ignore” designation for that conversation.

Dominic Michael Salemno

• Proposed as answer by Dominic Salemno _MSFT Thursday, November 19, 2009 3:24 PM
    Thursday, November 19, 2009 3:24 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Thanks for your questions regarding the MS-ASCON document. One of my colleagues will be investigating your inquiry and will contact you soon.

Regards,
    Edgar
    Wednesday, October 14, 2009 2:08 PM
  • Greetings Krka,

I am the engineer who has taken ownership of your inquiry. I am investigating this and shall update you as things progress.

Dominic Michael Salemno
    Thursday, October 15, 2009 4:17 PM
  • Krka,

To clarify, you are asking what is the difference between "Ignoring a Conversation" and marking a conversation to be "Moved Always" using the "Deleted Items" folder ID ?

Dominic Michael Salemno
    Friday, October 23, 2009 4:25 PM
  • Hi Dominic,

correct, that was my first questions. The second one is concerned with what happens when I first mark a conversation to be "Moved Always" to "Delete Folder" and subsequently try to "Move" (not "Move Always" ) that conversation to "Inbox Folder" from the "Delete Folder" . It is not clear, from the definition of "Move Always" , whether this conversation would actually end up in "Inbox" , or would it automatically go back to "Delete Folder" .

Thank you,
    Ivo Krka
    Friday, October 23, 2009 8:29 PM
  • Ivo Krka,

I am still investigating this matter and should have an answer for you shortly.

Dominic Michael Salemno
    Tuesday, November 3, 2009 7:01 PM
  • Ivo Krka,

There is no difference between “Ignoring a Conversation”, and marking a conversation to be “Moved Always” using the “Deleted Items” folder ID.

I am still investigating the answer to your second question.

Dominic Michael Salemno

Tuesday, November 10, 2009 6:38 PM
  • Ivo Krka,

When a previously ignored conversation is moved back into the inbox, it removes the “ignore” designation for that conversation.

Dominic Michael Salemno

• Proposed as answer by Dominic Salemno _MSFT Thursday, November 19, 2009 3:24 PM
    Thursday, November 19, 2009 3:24 PM