Footer repeats on page 1 & 2 of 3 (only want it on page 1) RRS feed

• Question

• I have a footer that keeps repeating on the second page when I have selected in footer properties to only display 'print on first page'. When I run the report locally on my desktop, in report view each page is separated out pg 1, 2 and 3. However when it is published and I view it with IE. I can see that pg. 1 & 2 runs together for viewing, however if I export it to PDF, it splits it to pg 1, 2 and 3. I'm at a loss as what to do as there is no information specifically for footers and 'RepeatOnNewPage property to setting it to false' - FOR footers.
    • Edited by KittyCat101 Thursday, August 2, 2018 7:41 PM
    Thursday, August 2, 2018 7:41 PM

Answers

• In the Footer insert a text box and add your page number code inside the text box expression

and right click on text box and go to "Text box Properties", Go to "Visibility", Go to "Show or hide on an expression" and add below code

=iif(Globals!PageNumber=1,False,True)

mohammad waheed

Thursday, August 2, 2018 8:36 PM
  • Hi KittyCar101,

The "print on first page" just used to control, whether the page header or footer display on first page/last page. So if you want to set page header or footer's visibility, I think you need to use below expression in Properties->Visibility of textbox or other items in page footer or header

=iif(Globals!PageNumber=1, false, true)
    Best Regards,
    Zoe Zhi

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, August 3, 2018 5:54 AM

All replies

• In the Footer insert a text box and add your page number code inside the text box expression

and right click on text box and go to "Text box Properties", Go to "Visibility", Go to "Show or hide on an expression" and add below code

=iif(Globals!PageNumber=1,False,True)

mohammad waheed

Thursday, August 2, 2018 8:36 PM
  • Hi KittyCar101,

The "print on first page" just used to control, whether the page header or footer display on first page/last page. So if you want to set page header or footer's visibility, I think you need to use below expression in Properties->Visibility of textbox or other items in page footer or header

=iif(Globals!PageNumber=1, false, true)
    Best Regards,
    Zoe Zhi

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, August 3, 2018 5:54 AM