Changing targeted version of asp.net RRS feed

• Question

• User224181609 posted

The controls of asp.net have enabled me to sometimes do more than I understand :=(

I use Paypal to receive payments, and they have recently made changes that require targeting asp.net 4.5  

My web.config file is set up with:

<compilation debug="false" strict="false" explicit="true" targetFramework="4.0">

My site uses many generic asp.net controls such as listviews, sqldatasources, gridviews. dropdownlists etc., and it also uses a third party Paypal control made by Spicelogic. Spicelogic has notified me that they have a new version of their control that meets Paypal's requirement. I understand that I must upgrade to the new version of Spicelogi's Paypal control and I must target framework 4.5

My Question: If I change the statement to say targetFramework="4.5" , what else, if anything do I need to consider? Can I assume all the generic asp.net controls will be ok and that all I need to do is upgrade the paypal control and change the targetframework statement?

Saturday, April 16, 2016 12:21 PM

Answers

• User-821857111 posted

Can I assume all the generic asp.net controls will be ok and that all I need to do is upgrade the paypal control and change the targetframework statement?
    Yes. You shouldn't need to do anything else, except to confirm that 4.5 has been installed on the target server - i.e. the one your app will be hosted on.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Monday, April 18, 2016 7:48 AM

All replies

• User-821857111 posted

Can I assume all the generic asp.net controls will be ok and that all I need to do is upgrade the paypal control and change the targetframework statement?
    Yes. You shouldn't need to do anything else, except to confirm that 4.5 has been installed on the target server - i.e. the one your app will be hosted on.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Monday, April 18, 2016 7:48 AM
  • User224181609 posted

Thank you for the clear answer Mike.

Monday, April 18, 2016 12:11 PM