Az File Sync Register Endpoint HRESULT 0x80C80050 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm running through the Azure File Sync UI tool on my Windows 2016 server and get HRESULT 0x80C80050 after filling all details in and hitting "register". I can't find any info on this error code, can anyone help?

Thanks,

Ben.

Sunday, May 5, 2019 9:50 AM

Answers

• Okay, this is now resolved with help from a support call.

Turns out that the server was not in a cleanly disconnected Storage Sync state prior to me running the AFS UI. Steps to resolve included deletion of a reg key HKLM:\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Azure\StorageSync\ServerSetting\NameServerSetting.Server, then to carry out the Reset-StorageSyncServer procedure.

All sorted now. Thanks for helping out.

Ben.

• Marked as answer by _Ben190_ Monday, May 6, 2019 6:00 PM
    Monday, May 6, 2019 6:00 PM

All replies

• Have you tried doing it via PS? 

$registeredServer = Register-AzureRmStorageSyncServer -StorageSyncServiceName $storageSyncName

Sunday, May 5, 2019 6:21 PM
  • @Ben, to clarify more on this issue. Did you followed the prerequisites mentioned here before registering the server with Storage sync service  ? Also, can you share the screenshot of error to help better on this?

Monday, May 6, 2019 8:26 AM
  • Okay, tried that and got a more useful error message:

Register-AzureRmStorageSyncServer : The server certificate is either invalid or expired.

Looking through cmdlets, I see there's Reset-AzureRmStorageSyncServerCertificate. This yields:

WARNING: Request failed with returned http error code : NotFound(404).

All pre-reqs followed as per the guide linked to by @YASWANTHM-MSFT.

Thanks for your time folks.

Ben.

Monday, May 6, 2019 9:11 AM
  • Monday, May 6, 2019 9:23 AM
  • Okay, this is now resolved with help from a support call.

Turns out that the server was not in a cleanly disconnected Storage Sync state prior to me running the AFS UI. Steps to resolve included deletion of a reg key HKLM:\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Azure\StorageSync\ServerSetting\NameServerSetting.Server, then to carry out the Reset-StorageSyncServer procedure.

All sorted now. Thanks for helping out.

Ben.

• Marked as answer by _Ben190_ Monday, May 6, 2019 6:00 PM
    Monday, May 6, 2019 6:00 PM
  • Glad to know that your issue has resolved. And thanks for sharing the solution, which might be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. 
    Tuesday, May 7, 2019 3:08 AM