Existing pipeline timeslice interfering with a new run of the re-deployed pipeline RRS feed

• Question

• I've done a bunch of searching and found things somewhat related, but can't find exactly what I am looking for to answer my question.

Problem:
    During development of a pipeline, I create a Start and End time with daily time slices and deploy it.  Typically, during development, the pipeline will fail, I'll see my mistake, fix it, then want to run it again.  So I go in and redeploy the pipeline with the fixes, but because there is already a time slice with half successful activities. it never runs.

Question:

Is there a way to prevent this from happening?  Either deleting all previous activities for the time slice?  Or perhaps some powershell that can set the status to something that will trigger it to run again?  I feel like this is harder than it needs to be.

Thanks,
    Matt

Wednesday, December 20, 2017 11:05 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I hit the similar issue before, here’s two options, hopefully it helps.

1.      Use powershell to drop and create the dataset, in that case the time slice record will be gone and you could rerun the activity.
    2.      A better way is to rerun the specific fail activity in portal: you could choose to rerun it either with upstream activities or just from the fail activity forward:

For example, assume there are 4 activities chain up in one pipeline:

Pipeline 1:

Activity1 -> Activity2 -> Activity3 -> Activity4

Activity 3 is failed yesterday. You could go to the Data Factory ->  Monitor and Manage -> highlight the fail activity -> select Rerun to rerun the Activity 3. Then the Activity 4 will also be automatically kicked off once Activity 3 is finished.

• Proposed as answer by stephen huo Monday, January 8, 2018 2:27 PM
    Monday, January 8, 2018 2:27 PM