.Net application failed to initialize RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I have encounter two problem

1. When i execute any Vb.net/C# application it will give the error like 'The application failed to initialize properly(0xc0000005). Click on ok to terminate the application'. (Application complization/build is fine)

2. When I open any asp.net web applications Visuval Studio closed automatically without giving any error message. I have checked IIS (http://localhost) it is working fine. And also I Checked my web application this is also working fine. Why asp.net application not open ?

please help me how to resolve these problems

Thanks
    sonj
    Monday, April 10, 2006 12:22 PM

Answers

• Hi All,

Finally problem resolved. I followed the steps given bellow

1. Rename/Delete 3 dll's that are mscoree.dll, mscoree.dll, mscorwks.dll

2. Restart your m/c (without restarting your m/c if you try to install you may get errorMicrosoft .Net Framework1.1 setup has ended prematurely. IF this persists, please contact product support)

3. Re-Install DotNetFrameWork

Cheers

sonj

Saturday, April 15, 2006 12:40 PM

All replies

• Can you provide any more information such as what version(s) of the .Net framework is installed ?   what version of VB you are using ?

Does this occur on only one machine or a number of machines ?

Does this apply to web based applications only or windows/Console applications ?

The more information - the more likely you are to get a helpful response.

Monday, April 10, 2006 5:41 PM
  • my m/c having .Net framework 1.1. And Visuval Studio2003. For the second point this is happend only on my m/c. For the Third point it gives error in windows as well as console applications.

Tuesday, April 11, 2006 4:04 AM
  • Hi you all,

In the one hand, you'd better set up your framework again...

In the other hand, you have to reg up IIS into your framework:

C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.xxxx>aspnet_regiis.exe -i

\V2.0.xxxx>aspnet_regiis.exe -i

Sure IIS has to be set up on your computer

It would work better

Tuesday, April 11, 2006 8:43 AM
  • I would tend to agree that it looks like something got screwed up.

If its causing the same problem on Console applications as well as Web applications then the Reg IIS is unlikely the cause.

I would probably do an uninstall of the product and the .NET Framework, restart and then reinstall to see if the problem repro's.

Its probably a lot quicker with a higher chance of success than asking question and going backwards and forwards trying to get the necessary info to debug a potential installation issue.

I know that doesn't sound like to greatest fix to the problem BUT it has often been the quickest fix and if it still repro's after uninstall/reinstall then you have lost nothing except a bit of time.

Tuesday, April 11, 2006 5:04 PM
  • Hi All,

Finally problem resolved. I followed the steps given bellow

1. Rename/Delete 3 dll's that are mscoree.dll, mscoree.dll, mscorwks.dll

2. Restart your m/c (without restarting your m/c if you try to install you may get errorMicrosoft .Net Framework1.1 setup has ended prematurely. IF this persists, please contact product support)

3. Re-Install DotNetFrameWork

Cheers

sonj

Saturday, April 15, 2006 12:40 PM
  • Hi All,

I  also received following error when i tried to register aspnet_regiis -i and unable to use the IIS. Hence i  searched lot and didn't  found any solution. Then after lots of troubleshooting, i find out that Symantec Antivirus SEP has made those issues. So uninstalled the Symantec and working fine the IIS and site setp.

Thanks...

Saneesh K P

• Proposed as answer by sanusaneesh Saturday, July 31, 2010 11:33 AM
    Saturday, July 31, 2010 11:24 AM
  • All,,,

Sorry, I forgot to include the error received,

---------------------------
    aspnet_regiis.exe - Application Error
    ---------------------------
    The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000005). Click on OK to terminate the application.

My Solution

1. Uninstalled Symantec SEP

• Proposed as answer by sanusaneesh Saturday, July 31, 2010 11:33 AM
    Saturday, July 31, 2010 11:26 AM