Deploying an Application - membership Issue RRS feed

• Question

• User-1793527187 posted

Hello All,

I have created an web Application using VS2010 ASP.NET, the application use membership Databases.
    The application has been successfully deployed and I have make sure the Membership Db (ASPNETDB.mdf)  has been properly copied  to the folder APP_DATA on my web server.

At the time that I want to login on my web application as soon as I put the username and Password I get and error

A NETWORK - RELATED OR INSTANCE-SPECIFIC ERROR OCCURRED WHILE ESTABLISHING A CONNECTION TO SQL SERVER THE SERVER WAS NOT FOUND OR WAS NOT ACCESSIBLE, VERIFY THAT THE INSTANCE NAME IS CORRECT AND THAT SQL SERVER IS CONFIGURED TO ALLOW REMOTE CONNECTIONS (provider : SQL NETWORK INTERFACe, error 26 - ERROR LOCATIONG SERVER / INTANCE SPECIFIED)

I have double checked my connection string, and it is as follows

Data Source=192.168.1.5;Initial Catalog=master;User ID=sa;Password=XXXXXXXXXXX

on the MY WEB SERVER I have make sure the SQL server is listening the port 1433 and also allow remote connections, the SQL Browser services is running automatically.

Question,

I  have the impression that the application doesn't know where to find the membership DB

do I have To create a connection string also for the membership database specifying it is located on the APP_DATA FOLDER?

Sorry this is the first time I work with membership databases and it is a little confusing.

Any comment or suggestion will be greatly appreciate.

Thank so much.

Thursday, January 7, 2016 9:09 PM

Answers

All replies