none
Do I need to use Sysprep? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everyone,

I've successfully built my WES7 image on a particular device; installed required software, set up user accounts, and done all the customization I need. When I ship this image out on these devices (the HW is always exactly the same) I basically want a clone of what I’ve done on this image. I have a .wim capture of it, but I guess I need to 'seal' it before cloning. With WES, all I would use is fbreseal and it did everything I needed without modifying user accounts or the device manager.

My question is, how do I go about achieving this? Do I even need to use sysprep? Can I just use imagex and clone it out from there? Basically, if I use sysprep, how can I stop it from wiping out all of my settings? I guess I just need to reset the SID, computer name, etc.

Thanks!

Tuesday, May 10, 2011 8:25 PM

All replies

• For WES7 you need to run sysprep. If you want to preserve certain elements from resetting and/or hide OOBE from appear, you should use the Unattended option. Unattended file is another answer file with only various properties set.

-Sean

www.sjjmicro.com / www.seanliming.com / www.annabooks.com, Book Author - ProGuide to WES 7, XP Embedded Advanced, WEPOS / POS for .NET Step-by-Step
    Tuesday, May 10, 2011 8:34 PM
  • Thanks for youre response, Sean.

Off the top of your head, do you know which properties in the unattended file would retain these properties? The ones I am concerned about are the user settings and components in the device manager.

In the meantime, i will take a look through some help documentation to see if I can figure this out.

Tuesday, May 10, 2011 8:50 PM