none
Greenhorn needing help with building a macro RRS feed

• Question

• What I need to do should be simple, but the only instructions I have found on line are confusing.

I have a table in my app called contacts and each contact is assigned to a particular location. What I need to is a view contacts by location as a tab on my contacts list view, and hopefully if I can figure this out, also by some other parameters. So, see all the contacts, or see them by location etc. 

I built a parameter query to filter the main table by location, and I know the next step needs a macro to open a popup... but I'm lost as to the correct set up. Help please

Thank you

• Edited by Boomscooter Thursday, November 13, 2014 10:16 PM
    Thursday, November 13, 2014 10:14 PM

Answers

• Hi Boomscooter,

What kind of app do you want to build? Is it Office App? If you want to open a popup in the Apps for Office application, please check the answer in this thread:

Is it possible to get Excel to show a popup message using the office apps api

1. Popup inside the app surface   itself (eg. in the task pane). I think this is the solution you're mentioning   in your question. You can create a floating div which contains the popup   html.

2. Use window.open() to pop up a   new browser window. This type should not be used for the scenario you   mentioned because browser windows are best for showing a large amount of   content, not a single confirmation dialog.

Modal dialogs have been disabled   in order to prevent any apps from interfering too much in the user's   experience.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, November 17, 2014 9:26 AM