none
Newb: How do I suppress the Query statusbar message? RRS feed

• Question

• I am a kludge, not a programmer. I have taken no training and build ridiculously horribly great things.

I have a DB with a mix of VBA and macro routines. I have a macro that runs 13 different updating Qrys and, due to what it connects to, it takes a while. I decided to add 13 "Echo = No, Status = 1/13 ...." messages via the Echo macro action.

It's really neat, except, the follow up query updates the status bar with RUNNING QUERY q_progress bar so quickly that there is really no time to read the message unless you "stare at the toaster" in the hopes of catching the very moment one finishes and the next starts. I had assumed setting Echo to No would suppress the status bar update for the next running query but it doesn't.

How do I make my status bar message persist?

Thanks

Wednesday, December 30, 2015 4:46 PM

All replies

• If you use code instead of a macro like this

Dim db As DAO.Database 
    Dim qdf As DAO.QueryDef
    Set db = CurrentDB
    Set qdf = db.QueryDefs("YourUpdateQuery1")
    qdf.Execute dbFailOnError

Set qdf = db.QueryDefs("YourUpdateQuery2")
    qdf.Execute dbFailOnError

then the "running query" status message will not be displayed, and the queries will run much faster anyway.

Matthias Kläy, Kläy Computing AG

Wednesday, December 30, 2015 11:42 PM
  • How do I make my status bar message persist?

Another approach (kludge?) is to display a popup form to display the status while you execute the query in the background. Just a thought...
    Thursday, December 31, 2015 1:07 AM
  • Hi, John in Edmonton

According to your description, I suggest that you could make sure that application.setoption("Confirm Action Queries") is OFF before running the queries to disable the confirmation prompts.

Monday, January 4, 2016 5:39 AM